Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: About 1 hour 15 minutes
4 jacket potatoes
2 tbsp salt
2 tbsp olive oil
Ask Ken for 4 pork chops
2 apples (optional, 1/2 per person)
Handful of sage leaves (optional)
The simplest way to cook your chops is to, season, pan fry, grill or roast, then deglaze the frying pan with cider, wine, apple juice or balsamic vinegar for an instant gravy.
1. Pre-heat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
2. Microwave the jacket potatoes for 2 minutes each side.
3. Pierce the skins of the potatoes several times, rub with a little olive oil and season with the salt. Place in the centre of the oven for 30 minutes to crisp up the skins.
4. As an option, cut the apples into 4 halves and bake for 10 minutes in the oven until tender as an alternative to apple sauce.
5. Cut the broccoli into even sized pieces and drop into boiling water. Once the water is boiling again reduce the heat to a medium simmer and cook for 5-10 minutes, or until they reach the degree of softness you desire.
6. Heat a large frying pan to sear the chops. Once the pan is hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil to coat the bottom. Season each chop on both sides and place into the pan ensuring the chops with the thickest parts are towards the centre of the pan where they get the most heat. There should be space between the chops otherwise they will not sear properly.
7. Sear the chops, about 2 minutes on each side, as soon as they are browned, flip them over. (Optional, lightly fry the sage leaves in the juices). Allow the chops to rest for a couple of minutes while you serve the broccoli and potatoes. Once rested, add the chops and apple to the plate. Sprinkle with sage leaves.