Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 4 hours
Ask Ken for 2kg pork shoulder
1 tbsp chilli flakes
1 tbsp whole grain mustard
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
200ml white wine vinegar
3 onions, finely sliced
6 cloves garlic, sliced
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/ gas mark 3.
2. Place the pork in a roasting tin and pour the vinegar and cider over it.
3. Mix the chilli, mustard, onion, garlic and salt and black pepper together, then rub this mixture into the pork shoulder.
4. Cover with parchment paper, then wrap in foil and place into the oven to roast for three hours. Remove the parchment and foil, then roast for another hour.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to rest. Now ‘pull’ the pork by sticking a fork in the shoulder and shredding the meat into small pieces with another fork.
6. To serve, pile the pulled pork on a serving platter and spoon the coleslaw next to it. Serve with soft white rolls, chips, salad and barbecue sauce.